Professor Michele John
Professor Michele John (B.Ec, MBus, PhD) is the Director of the Sustainable Engineering Group (SEG) at Curtin University, Perth Western Australia.
Michele is a resource economist with particular research interests in life cycle assessment, environmental economics and resource efficiency. Her focus at SEG is in the development of applied sustainable engineering research and the extension of sustainable engineering education.
- Use of 3D processes to aid sustainable manufacturing outcomes
- The use of block chain technology to improve sustainability performance in the agricultural industry and agricultural supply chain
- Complex systems modelling of Renewable energy integration into the grid and public policy implications
- Reducing Urban heat island effects associated with pavement design and building construction
- Use of incineration waste products in construction materials
- Eco-efficiency comparison of current waste management technologies
- Review of core sustainability concepts in sustainability education
Sustainable Engineering Group
GPO Box U1987
Perth Western Australia 6845
Building 204, Room 519
Tel: +61 8 9266 4240
Fax: +61 8 9266 4811